January 5, 2014

Fine As Findley Cardigan

I started this cardigan back in the Spring of 2013, intending to wear it that summer. Yeeeeaaaahhh..... that didn't happen, lol! Who knew working with laceweight thread would take so long? ;)

Unfortunately for me, the shaping of this garment was all wrong for me & how I like my clothes to fit. It flares out from bust to hem, but I prefer a closer fit at the waist. I didn't realize that was how it'd work out until I was almost done with it. I could have frogged almost the whole thing & reconfigured the stitch counts to change the fit, but I just didn't think it was worth the effort at that point.

Fortunately for my friend, I offered the cardigan to her! She tried it on when it was nearly done & it looks great on her! I just had to add a few more rows to the hem, since she's taller than me. Finished that up, washed & blocked it, and now it's ready to go to its new home!

I'm a little bummed that this didn't work out for me, but very happy that someone I know loves it & will get some great use out of it! I'm a little jaded on the wearables genre & probably won't return to it for a while, though.

Read the play-by-play of this creation over on my Ravelry Project Page.






2 comments:

  1. Aw, too bad it didn't fit you the way you would have liked! But it's very sweet of you to give it to your friend. :) I think it looks lovely!

    Michelle
    The Girly Gamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad it looks good, even if it doesn't look good on me! ;) As long as someone gets some good use out of my creations, I'm happy!

      Delete