Pages

January 7, 2013

Stay on target...

Happy new year, everyone! Here we are again, at the first few blank pages of the 365 page book of 2013. Let's hope it's a great, uplifting, joyful read!

After catching up on the blogs I follow, I noticed soemthing person does that I'm going to try for myself as well. I'll be attempting to post every day. Not much, just a quick blurb. 20-30 minutes of typing, tops. And I'll be closing each post out with a snippet of what I plan to get accomplished that day, not so much for your entertainment, but more to keep me on target with what I truely have to get done, instead of being overwhelmed by my ever-growing to-do list.

So far, my book of 2013 has been... interesting. It started in the middle of a ski trip. Jan 1st was the best day to be on the mountain during our trip because the holiday crowds were finally gone! The hubster & I went over to a blue/black run to have some fun & get video of me "shredding the mountain" (i.e. making it down without falling), and in true +5 klutz fashion, I bit it at the very beginning of the run. Banged up my knee HARD. More on that in another post. Jan 1st also denoted my first confirmed & scheduled new patient for the year! Unfortunately, she's had to reschedule to come in much later in the month, but it's a new patient, none the less! I need those! While on the ski trip, I brought along a good selection of crafts. I used that time to pick up my shiny new tatting needles I got for Christmas, & between the book they came with & the interwebs (you MUST check out TotusMel on Instructables.com!), I learned needle tatting pretty quickly. So much faster than shuttles! And easier to correct mistakes! The only downside is that you can't work with as long of a piece of thread at one time as you can with shuttles, but adding new thread is less of a pain with needles, so it's not really that big of a downer. Back on the down side of the roller coaster, I immediately put my needle tatting skills to use, making about 40 tatted hummingbirds as memorial lapel pins for my Aunt who recently passed. (My mother's second oldest sister, & the first of that generation to pass.) Friday was our first day home from vacation, & was spent getting my knee looked at by a friend interning at one of Logan's clinics, and tatting hummingbirds into the wee hours of the morning. Most of Saturday was spent at my Aunt's funeral. Sunday was blissfully lazy; one of those "I need a vacation from my vacation" days. Slept til 11am, lunch from QDoba, D&D with friends, and an evening full of family snuggle time on the couch w/ the hubby & the Tali Cat. She's reeeeaallly happy we're home!

On tap for today: Sew a button on the hubby's dress pants. Like, now. Help a lot of patients! (Ended up with many grouped up today after being gone from the office for a week & a half.) Start checking insurance benefits on every patient, now that it's a new year, which typically means a new start to deductibles. Call insurance companies that haven't been paying me where I think they should have. Start planning a marketing calendar for the office. (Did I mention I need new patients?) Clean out the icky stuff in the fridge. Work up a meal plan for the week so I can figure up a grocery list. Trim the cat's talons claws. (Did I mention she's really happy we're home? As in, kneading me every hour? With claws digging in?) Collapse in a heap at the end of the day, wondering why I stalled & only got half of this list done, and wondering when our bags from vacation will magically unpack themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment